Industry partners and sponsors
There are three key ways organisations can be involved with TAFE National Scholarships:
- Donations whereby your contribution will be tax deductible under the Foundation’s status with the ATO as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). See more detail in the For donors pages
Donors may request a scholarship category to which their contribution is allocated, however under Australian Taxation rules, the allocation of money from the fund is the decision of the trustees, mindful of the wishes of donors.
- Sponsorship of an existing or new scholarship category whereby contributions would typically be treated as a business expense.
Sponsorships can provide many benefits including:
- Naming rights
- Creation of new scholarship categories in specific course areas, locations or for particular student cohorts, for example women, Aboriginal culture, regional and remote
- Ability to direct funds
- Promotional activities aligned to the sponsorship such as the inclusion of stories on your website, access to scholarship recipients for corporate engagement.
- Joint branding of scholarship
- Appropriate use of the Foundation's logo to promote your corporate citizenship and support of a worthy cause.
Sponsors have flexibility in determining how they would like their contributions to be directed on either a merit or equity basis - see Scholarship categories.
- Fundraising activities by the organisation and/or its employees, such as:
- Workplace giving programs
- Joint activities with TAFEs
- Events which are staged to support the Foundation.
- Cause related marketing - see below
Cause related marketing - If your products or services are aligned with any TAFE areas of study, why not demonstrate your support of TAFE and allow your customers to do the same by allocating a percentage of sales of relevant products or services to the TAFE National Scholarships?
In a competitive market, this can provide you with an edge – research from the USA (2013 Cone Communications Social Impact Study – The Next Cause www.conecomm.com/research) has suggested that more than 89% of consumers would switch brands to buy a cause-related product if price and quality were similar.
Your business benefits and TAFE students benefit.
A full sponsorship / partnership proposal can be developed once we have discussed your particular interests in detail.
The Executive Officer
TAFE Directors Australia National Scholarship Foundation
Turner Hall (Building B)
Sydney TAFE – Ultimo College
Corner Harris and Mary Ann Streets, Ultimo NSW 2007
ABN 15 697 577 363