To be eligible for a National Merit Scholarship, students must be:
- intending to enrol, or already enrolled, at an Institute participating in the scholarship program in a nationally accredited course listed on www.training.gov.au
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- committed to succeed in their studies and careers.
In addition, students will need to provide written evidence of their
- Commitment to the industry
- Understanding of the industry
- Past experience in the industry
- Success with past studies in general and in the industry
- General life and career goals
In addition, references from employers, teachers and community authorities will be sought and an interview may be required.